Friday, August 16, 2013

Tuna croquettes

Since Monday, all I have in my mind - when I think about food - are thuna croquettes. I am not that good at such things, especially because I not always match the right combination of ingredients for having an almost perfectly round croquette. But tempted by the idea and looking for more ideas for the Friday meal, I took a chance to try my hand on something new. (Yes, I know that I was almost absent from the blog in the last weeks, but I am trying now to set up more writing adventures and eating less or only the old recipes that have a guarantee of success of 98%. But promise to be more active in the next days!)

The inspiration for my tuna croquettes was from this site, but I changed some of the quantities and added more ingredients.

I used the following ingredients:
350 gr. simple poached tuna, carefully minced and without the water 
2 beaten eggs, medium sized
10 small champignons, finely minced
1/4 lemon, medium sized
1 red onion, finely minced
1 pinch of Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 bread crumbs

I added all the ingredients in a bowl and mixed them for 2 minutes. After everything melted, I made some small balls and let them rest on a cooking paper.



Everything was looking better and tasted even better, but somehow I missed the right size of the champignons. The next time I will need to cut them even more finely. 

After 10 minutes of waiting, I added some half cup crumbs and rolled the tuna balls. 3 minutes before, I added same cotton seed oil in the pan and let it warm. I added the croquettes and turned them from a side to another for another couple of minutes. Not all of them resisted fully to the test, but most of them ended up as deep gold croquettes that I can't wait to taste in a couple of hours.

I will probably try the recipe again - including on Hanukkah - because: it can be prepared very fast - maximum 40 minutes, the waiting time included; it is more than affordable. I would like to replace the red onion with garlic and add some more spices in the mixture. Only looking at them my mouth is watering but should keep my hands out of the fridge for now.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment