Monday, March 31, 2014

Roasted olives recipe

I love olives but as I can get bored very easy, I need to diversify the recipes and ingredients and last but not least, tastes. During my February challenge of cooking from Leila Lindholm's cooking book, I discovered a recipe that was too tempting not to try.
It can be done very easy - in less than 20 minutes, and is also very affordable - if you have the garlic, the olive oil and the za'atar and other spices in the house.
I chose the black simple olives and I don't think it can go with other kind of olives. 
I slowly heated at 250C in the pan 150 ml. pure olive oil, with 1/2 tea spoon of cumin powder, and 1 tea spoon of za'atar, plus 3 cloves of garlic, minced. After 2 minute, I add the olives - 150 gr. - and mixed slowly all the ingredients. After around 10 minutes, the roasting is done and the olives are waiting to be tasted. 
It goes very well with a meat dish, but also with some fresh veggie salads or with fish.
It serves two.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment