Thursday, May 4, 2017

Sautée mushrooms with onions and tomatoes

I always like my food tasty, easy to prepare and healthy. The more I am experimenting with cooking, becoming familiar with various tastes, the more I am tempted to create my own recipes and diversify my palate.
The following recipe is the result of such an improvisation, using the available resources at home, while trying to prepare a healthy meal for me and the baby.

Ingredients:
1 onion, finelly chopped
2 tablespoon raps oil
2 big tomatoes, finelly chopped
7 brown mushrooms, medium size, finelly chopped
1 teaspoon OSEM seasoning
100 gr. butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar

Mix the ingredients in the pan, one by one, at 250C. Stirr well, allowing all the ingredients to melt together well. If you want the onion caramelized, you can add them first, together with the oil and the sugar and mix with the rest 5 minutes later.

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2

The result is irresistibly delicious and light.
If you are strong enough to give up the temptation of eating it on its own, spoon by spoon. you can combine it in different equally healthy ways.
I personally made a dish with cauliflower. It goes very well with fish, meat - if you are eating kosher, eliminate the butter or replace it with a non-dairy variant - a base mix for pasta or rice. I can dream about throwing some eggs there too, shakshuka style. It is always a good match for boiled potatoes - French fries can be too oily. Because right now it is the open season, some boiled asaparagus can keep the mushrooms an interesting tasty company.
As it is open season right now, it can be a good company for some boiled asparagus too.
If you want your plate even healthier, add some spinach too. 

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment