Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fresh for the summer

I hope that everyone has at least 25C and a lot of sun. For me, this is usually the time of the year when I relax, while trying to do all the to-do-lists from the last 10 months or so. Besides my big cup of fresh Turkish coffee, I usually eat light salads. 

For today, the choice was addictively simple:

Mozzarella

Cherry tomatoes

Olive oil – my latest love story; I can hardly taste a sandwich without one or two drops of this precious oil on my brown bread

Basil whose presence turns my kitchen into a garden of flavors

Sometimes I add some garlic or onion

If you want some refreshing effects, you need to keep the salad two hours in the fridge. It is exactly what you need for this pleasant time of the year.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment