Sunday, December 4, 2016

Black nails! Why and why not?

Although I change my nails colour at least every week, I hesitated for a bit for a black make-over. Nothing against nuances of pink and shades of red and even purple and green, yellow and some blue too. But black, it was not such a serious choice, as it brought me closer of the teenagers and gothic style which I do not necessarily fancy.
However, the temptation was always big and especially when it comes to a Kiko product, irresistible so, for the last week, my nails were...black as a long German night.
Why not, after all?
In fact, this week changed completely my view on black nails:
- There are elegant and more serious than it looks like at the first sight. I can practically match any kind of outfit and mood.
- There is not exactly an age for the black nails. If you are creative enough you can add some golden or silver stripes and create an excellent effect, especially for a special night out.
- It goes well particularly in the winter, as it is in line with the usual no-colour kind of mood. 
- Regardless of the colours you wear, it goes perfectly well with anything. From purple red dresses to white shirt, there is hardly a colour choice that doesn't go with.
- The Kiko nail laquer is resistant, but not as resistant as I expected so had to correct it every 2 days.
Right now, I changed completely the colour from dark to a very joyous and maybe too summerly orange-pink - because I can - but I am seriously considering to return to black nails, particularly when I am on the road and need more outfit flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment