Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Foodie adventures: Matcha marble cake

If you are following my blog for enough time, or my Twitter - I am @boiledwords there too - you may be familiar with my big love for matcha. If you know me in real life, this fact is part of my unauthorized biography. I got this healthy habit after spending one full year in Japan, when I fell in love with the many cakes and cookies and icecream and latte. And this is not only because I really love the vivid green colour, but for the special taste, a little addictive for me.
Last December, I decided to go a bit further with my love, meaning to start preparing my own matcha-based recipes. As in many other cases, I didn't realize until I tasted the final product how easy it is in fact to turn your matcha dreams into reality, without waiting for hours until the closest Japanese deli opens for a bit of green tea cake.
Naming this new baking installment was a bit difficult, but after inappropriately calling it brownie, I realized that I actually used the recipe for marble cake, only using intensively matcha instead of the classical cocoa.  
The ingredients used are, as follows:
3 cups white flouer
15 gr. backpowder
1/4 cup white sugar
2 big eggs
1 pinch of salt
1 full teaspoon matcha dissolved in 250 warm water
Heat the oven at 250C
Mix all the ingredients well, until you have a compact paste. Add more water - or 1/2 cup milk of you feel like the flour is too persistent.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake the cake at 200 C for around 45 minutes. Let it rest for another 30 minutes.
Your cake is ready to be tested. You can have it with a cup of - green tea - or with some warm milk. I particularly loved that it is not very sweet, almost the same taste like my beloved Japanese green tea cookies. 
It is easy to prepare and, except the matcha which might be expensive, doesn't require a top-end investment - calculating for Germany, maximum 5 EUR. 
This matcha marble cake will soon become a food staple in my house!
Stay tuned for more delicious matcha recipes soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment