Thursday, February 23, 2017

Getting ready for the summer with a glass of Limoncino

With my curious nature to try something new at least every day, one of the promises I made to myself for this year is to have more new drinks, particularly cocktails. But as it happened in the case of food, I always need some inspiration for getting through the right taste. 
For my birthday, I tried for the first time Limoncino, a drink which can be a good refreshment for the hot days of the warm season. Not being a big lover of white wine, I am quite uneducated when it comes to mixing it with other drinks or ingredients. In this case though, it was an easy combination, with the taste keeping in line with the wine's. The fresh lemon slices bring more perfume and develop the original taste, while the ice creates a refreshing chilling effect. 
The recipe is very simple and can be done at home easily.
Ingredients:
White wine, sparkling wine, prosecco or champagne - the more sparkles, the better
Ice cubes - around 4-5
Lemon slices
Directions:
Fill half a glass with the alcoholic drink
Add the ice cubes and the lemon slices. If you want more lemon taste, you can squize half a lemon and add the zest too.
Mix a bit the ingredients to melt together
That's all! Sip it slowly while listening to some relaxing music, or reading a book or planning your next getaway.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment