Monday, December 4, 2017

Cornbread Muffins instead of Bread

When I am out of bread in the house, I don't worry, as I always have in my pantry enough ingredients to create fast savory substitutes which might be much better than any other baking product I can find on the market. 
I've tried the zucchini and savory muffins recently, but this time I wanted to learn better how to use the cornflour which is an ingredient I hardly use more than once the year, if ever. 
The following improvised recipe was easy to prepare and bake and delicious enough to disappear in less than half a day. 

Ingredients
250 gr. cornflour
2 cups white flour
8 gr. baking powder
2 medium eggs
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
500 gr. butter milk
1 tablespoon Osem consomme
150 gr. black sesame for decoration

Directions
Warm the oven at 250C, at least 15 minutes before you are ready. In a muffin iron, add 12 colourful muffin sheets.
Mix the ingredients well, until you have a compact paste. Pour it into the muffin papers. In the end, spread the black sesame seeds.
Bake it in the oven for 45 minutes.

I served it with yellow cheese, ricotta and spicy black olives. It is a perfect afternoon and breakfast snack, or some take away travel goodies.

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
Serves: 12

Bon Appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment