Friday, December 29, 2017

Silky Smooth Dairy Mashed Potatoes

A couple of months ago I tried with satisfactory results a recipe of mashed potatoes, but I knew I can do more. At least, my taste memories told me that there are far better results than my modest outcome. Therefore, I gave it one more try and in one hour time, I prepared some silky smooth dairy mashed potatoes to remember and replicate for a very long time from now on.
It is easy to prepare, although a long list of ingredients is needed.

Ingredients
4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon Osem consomme
150 gr. Irish butter
1/2 tablespoon kitchen salt
1 tablespoon za'atar
4 big garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
150 ml. cold milk

Directions
Boil the potatoes in a salty water for around 45 minutes. Meanwhile, in a pan, melt the butter, mixed with the osem and za'atar. Mix well. Add the garlic cloves and let them soak in the butter for a couple of minutes. When boiled enough, mash the potatoes until creamy and add it to the pan. Pour the milk and the olive oil and mix well. If necessary, keep mashing the potatoes, until all the lumps are smashed. Keep mixing for at least another 15 minutes. Add more milk, if necessary.

To be served with a side fresh salad of olives, avocado and olive oil, or even some fish. For me, the combination between garlic and olive is the main predominant, addictive taste.
If you want to make it non-dairy, you can replace the butter with vegetable margarine and the milk with soy or even water. What matters is to have enough liquid to soak the potatoes in while in the pan.

Serves: 3
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment