Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pumpkins time

Pumpkins, photographed in Canada.Image via Wikipedia//Not my Hokkaido local German offer


Autumn is already here for more than one month already and the winter is preparing to enter the stage. Sounds like a second grade composition but by now the weather is creating me a couple of adaptation problems.
I thought that now it is about time to try a couple of pumpkin combinations. As by now, for me it is very difficult to find in my Berlin area anything else but Hokkaido pumpkin, I bet on this choice, even some of my friends with serious experience in the area told me that better not. For me, it was the first time ever when tasting and testing such tasty dishes.

Mashed pumpkin

First action: cut the pumpkin into slices - not easy if you want to do it alone, girl - and boil it for about 40 minutes. After, peel it carefully and add in the blender together with: 1-2 pairs of garlic finely chopped, olive or sunflower oil, curry powder. If you want, you could add 1 or 2 carrots too. Mash it all together and serve it as an accompaniement to chicken breast or as a simple, separate vegetarian dish. Me, I chosed the last option and I felt a couple of hours after as a quiet elephant.




The Soup

For the soup, I put some 1 liter water to boil and added the mashed combination, plus some more salt. Mixed it from time to time and let the combination boil for maximum 15 minutes. In comparison with the mashed option, the result is a very light soup, to which I added some very sweet French bread.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment