Monday, September 23, 2013

Special challes for Sukkot



This is that time of the year, when things are different, full of joy and the cooking ideas are more than welcomed! If it's autumn, it is the time of renewal, regrets and optimism of the new beginnings. It is about time to say 'I am sorry' to those that you bothered during the year and invite them in your sukkah for a joyous celebration of life, family and friendship.
Each time during the Jewish holidays season, that it is about to end this week, I need to create new recipes and to challenge my cooking clumsy skills with something new. Besides the commitment for more kosher in the kitchen and more learning, I also want to do something new, like a new shape of challes. For the round Rosh Hashana challes, I added at the recommendation of a very skilful friend some cinnamon to the dough besides the honey. The result was aromatic, very pleasant and in line with the seasonal fragrances. 
For Sukkos, I wanted to create something close to the arba minim but to be honest, except the esrog - not exactly the Chazon Ish type - I was not extremely impressed by the results. But the taste is good and the quality of the dough significantly improved over the last months and thus, I am sure that the next year I will do much much better!
Bon Appetit and moadim l'simcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment