Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My night cream: Age control night nourishment, by Ahava

I am a very serious followers of Ahava products and I am trying to test as many of them as possible. For the last week, I regularly started to use the Age control night nourishment. First as a test for my regular blog reviews, but ended up realizing that I may need to use it on a regular basis in the next days and weeks. 
Finding the right night cream is not easy, regardless of the age. My mother of blessed memory used to say that a proper face care should be considered once you are 20. I tried to followed her advice more or less, but even though I was able to identify the right day creams, the night care was often limited to the regular face cleansing and make-up removal. On a side note, I cannot go to sleep with the face unclean, hence my difficulties of using make-up over Shabbos. 
I am very sensitive about smells of creams and I rather prefer to avoid those creams with any trace of perfume. This cream has its own smell, a bit heavy and oily, but after a while I got used with it. I also got used with the minty effect that occurs seconds after applying on skin. The first time I watched the effects of the first 15 minutes and some smooth relaxing waves were slowly going on and out around my cheeks. I could assume that the citrus ingredients play a big part in this. The skin is getting smoother and looking more relaxed, even after a couple of days without too much sleep. To be honest, it is the first time when I notice effects produced by the night creams. Dunaliella Algae, specific to the Death Sea, and Vitamin E work hard and with good results for refreshing the skin during the regular night sleep. 
It might be that I finally discovered exactly the cream that suits my needs right now. As I am a very conservative person in terms of cosmetics, especially creams and shampoos. For instance, I've used Nivea since end of my teenage years till recently, without any worries to change the menu. 
Now, I am on the run for finding serious and quality products for a face that needs more care than 10 years ago. Till recently, I relied on good genetics and a relatively healthier life style, but somehow, there is a need for improvement and serious treatments and higher quality products. For the time being, the age control night nourishment offers me a fresh morning look and a serious care.  
More Ahava products in my closet will be tested and reviewed soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment