Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Raspberry scones

I am trying hard to keep up with learning new recipes at least once the week. For this week, I decided to focus on the suggestions of the famous Swedish cook, Leila Lindholm. Out of many temptations, I wanted to see what the raspberry scones are all about (p.26).

I never cooked scones before, but the first experience was not only fast - maximum 30 minutes for both preparation and baking - but also delicious. Right now, I am thinking to have some cheese scones any time soon.
I tried as much as possible to follow the directions and ingredients from the original recipe, except the cocoa that I usually don't like too much in my kitchen.

Ingredients for 6 big scones:
- 480 gr. white flour
- 1/2 table spoon salt
- 1 1/2 table spoon backpowder
- 40 gr. brown sugar
- 125 cold butter (or margarine)
- 1 egg
- 200 ml. milk
 250 gr. fresh raspberries (the original recipe mentions 150 gr. of frozen raspberries, but I rather preferred the fresh ones).

Directions
Heat the oven at 250 C.
Mix flour, salt, backpowder and sugar.
Add the butter (or margarine) and knead it with the hands.
Mix egg and milk together and add it later to the big bowl.
Knead all the ingredients together and roll the dough. Take small or bigger portions and spread the raspberries. 
Bake them in the oven for around 10-15 minutes.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment