Friday, May 20, 2016

Chickpeas and blue cheese salad. And many veggies

There may be many reasons why people do not want to eat healthy, and besides money, the time spent on preparing yourself the dishes can be a consideration equally important. When you are in a hurry, early in the morning, cooking or starting to chop vegetables is not the happiest scenario, isn't it?
Once in a while, I am doing my best to be a good healthy woman, and do my work properly. 
True is that very often I spend more time preparing than eating, but I do it with a clean conscience so it is not that bad after all. 
Very often my recipes are not very planned, as I am tempted to use one main ingredient and build the rest of the recipe based on this. A couple of days ago, I discovered that I did not experiment with chickpeas for a while, so I got ready for something completely new. Before, I had to soak the chickpeas for more than 10 years in salty water: 100 bio chickpeas, in more than double their quantity of water. In the morning, I boiled them for around 20 minutes at 250C.
The other ingredients are:
100 gr. white champignons, finelly chopped
half of cucumber, finelly chopped
150 gr. cherry tomatoes, finelly chopped
couple of parsley leaves
100 gr. blue cheese
2 teaspoons ginger-pear balsamico - this is really gourmet and I am looking forward to do more experiments with it. 
Healthy, ready go!
Here we are! It is so good and with so many ingredients that I did not eat anything else the whole day. Not even pasta. A big bowl for a hungry, busy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment