Monday, May 23, 2016

Homemade pesto recipe

I am a big, very big lover of pasta for breakfast, lunch and supper. Call it my mono diet which makes me happy, very happy. However, after so many trials and errors, and a high demand in the home for my special pasta at least once the week, I need to diversify and be more creative. Hence, the need to work out ingredients and sauces, until I will be brave enough to buy my own pasta machine and, who knows, start my own pasta food line. My newest addition to the recipe book is the pesto, which I decided it is about time to have it homemade. Here are the results I am keen to share with my readers.
It serves three.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Ingredients:
30 walnuts
4 teaspoon Herbs oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
around 40 leaves of fresh basilicum
4 garlic gloves
Put all these ingredients in the food processor and mix them at high speed for 5 minutes.
Take the mixture out and pour it in a bowl. Mix it well and wait when pasta are ready. Add the pesto together with the pasta in a hot pan and mix well.
It is recommended to be prepared and served fresh. If you want some sparkling taste, add one or two teaspoons of fresh lemon juice too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment