Monday, January 20, 2014

Goat cheese salad with roasted pumpkin

It is morning and I am a little bit late, with quite a busy schedule for the next days. But breakfast is for me one of the most important meal of the day, and the only one when I can quietly enjoy every bit while checking e-mails, updating social media statuses or simply thinking about the rest of the day.
The usual breakfast menu should include coffee, some sandwiches and eventually some fruits or something sweet. Today, I have something else in mind, and I took the risk of a rush before my first assignment for preparing one of the recipes I had in my mind for at least 2 months.This time, I am ready with all the ingredients, and even something more.
I saw a variant of this salad to a 'green restaurant' around, and was dreaming since about preparing my own. 

The original variant included:
lettuce - I used instead lambs lettuce made in France, my latest addiction, because it is more delicate and have a better taste than the classical variant - 200 gr.
roasted pumpkin - this takes the longest part of the preparation - around 20 minutes. I roasted it first - 15 minutes maximum heat - on the heating machine, on a pan with olive oil, and kept it in the oven for another 5 minutes, at 250C. I used half of a relatively small Hokkaido sort
goat cheese, sliced - on taste

I added:
za'atar - 1 tablespoon
1/2 avocado, finely sliced
roasted almonds, mildly roasted in the pan for 5 minutes at maximum heat
6 medium sized tomatoes, sliced in quarters
pomegranate seeds, on taste

It serves around 3 big portions. 
You can add a slice of black bread toast too. 
It can be a side dish for lunch and supper too. The goat cheese is hard enough for me for leaving space for something else, so preferred to have it simple.  

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment