Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Fashion in Bamberg: Schneiders Hutmanufaktur

With a cold rainy weather that kept me a bad company during my stay in Bamberg this February, exploring shops and hunting for local products was the best alternative. I spent most of the time in the GrĂ¼ner Markt area where it was impossible not to discover and visit Schneiders Hutmanufaktur, a cute shop dedicated to hats, one of my fashion hobbies.
As I was entering the shop, a thin little lady kept my door open to enter with the baby pram.She was holding an elegant autumn/spring hat brought for some reparations. A welcoming customer service come in fast and started to discuss about the options. Soon, my attention moved to the impressive number of hats ready to be taken, fit for every occasion. There were hats for a trip in the city, racing, weddings, anniversaries or just for maintaining high your fashion standards.
The materials used are also diverse, including fine coloured furs and feathers. The prices are also matching any budgets.
The creative hand behind the shop is Julia Schneider, who trained with the local milliner Christl Wagner. The shop is open since March 2013. 
The classical hut boxes are given a nice contemporary touch with colourful graphics. The shop is cramped but little design details were not forgotten, such as the cute hat-shaped lamps. I left with the regret of not being able to decide which hat I want. Because, I probably wanted most of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment