Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Modest outfit from the American Apparel

The spring is finally in the air in Berlin too and it is about time for a refresh of the wardrobe. With Purim and Pesach holidays coming up very soon - and as usual, it seems I am not ready at all -, expect more social interactions and going out, hence the need to pay more attention than usual to dress codes and outfits. Searching for some new colours and inspiration, I landed yesterday at one of the American Apparel stores in Berlin. There is a friendly ambiance with music on the background, and more importantly with welcoming and perfect English-speaking customer service.
Here are my main choices:

Mid-length pencil skirt bordeaux, available also in electric pink, a colour I do not fancy, and a beige that I might be interested in one day - 42 Euro
Add the brushed Jersey Turtleneck - 42 Euro, altough the colour is a bit lifeless but can offer a good background for some sparkling jewels. 
For the cold mornings and afternoons, add a new layer: the Cropped Fisherman Pullover, 76 Euro
Alternatively, you can match the skirt with the Carmen top Rust Navy Stripe - 36 Euro.
What about shoes? First, I was tempted to add to the basket this lovely pair of Canvas Shoes sunflower, available for15 Euro...
But on the way out of the store, I fell in love with both colours - Bordeaux and honey - of these classic clogs - 135 Euro each.
Regardless of the final shoes choice, this Canteen Bag in honey colour - 72 Euro -matches very well both of them.
As for the collant, I am a big fan of colours, and I decided for the one in Bordeaux, for 16 Euro.
At least for two or three outfits, I am done for now...To be continued...
The items are available at the American Apparel store in Berlin, Bayreutherstr. 35

No comments:

Post a Comment