Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Perfectly easy recipe of mashed potatoes

If you wonder why someone able to make complicated recipes seems to have so much fear of preparing very simple recipes, like mashed potatoes, I do wonder too. Maybe I have to call a special therapy session where I have to deal with my (apparently many) stumbling blocks against fully developing my cooking skills. 
However, until such a serious encounter will take place, I will rather take care of my problems by myself, by simply setting a daily cooking objective and following it. Today, it was the mashed potatoes, a meal I only tried to prepare a couple of times, without satisfactory results.
Time for a change.
Ingredients
8 moderate potatoes, peeled and put to boil for around 30 minutes in 2 liter salty water
1 tablespoon butter with Skyr. Skyr is a fantastic traditional Icelandic dairy product that I will feature extensively on a next post.
1 teaspoon salt
100 ml. cold milk
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Osem seasoning mix 
Directions
When the potatoes are soft enough to be easily mashed, take them out of the boiling pot and mash them. You can do it in the food processor or by using a special tool, as mine, which has a grill-like end. Press the grill on the potatoes until you have a perfectly compact purée. Add the butter, the salt and pepper, and the seasoning mix and pour the milk. Add the composition back in the pan and stir it slowly at 250C temperature for another 10 minutes.

Cooking time: 1 hour
Serves: 4

Bon Appétit!


No comments:

Post a Comment