Monday, September 23, 2013

Tasty pumpkin purée


Orange is the colour we need at the beginning of autumn in order to forget that the winter season is getting dangerously close. Or, at least, I need as much warm as possible to survive the long dark time of snow and cold. But at least I have a serious reason to be happy at the arrival of autumn: the pumpkin season. 
Even though nowadays it is possible to buy pumpkin regardless of the time of the year, I always prefer to add them on my menu in autumn. If I have a pumpkin tooth, I know what to do without too much suffering.
My first pumpkin of the year was relatively easy to prepare:
I boiled it for around 45 minutes at a temperature of 150C. I added a pinch of salt in the boiling water for taste.
In the mixer, I added: 1 tablespoon of olive oil, some garlic on taste, one teaspoon of turmeric, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, one tablespoon of za'atar. The overall mixing process may take maximum 5 minutes. 
To be served fresh and hot, with some leaves of cilantro for a more complex taste and green decorations.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment