Monday, July 7, 2014

Hat hunting at Galeries Lafayette

Summer time is here, the sun can shine - but only from time to time - and it is about time for some new hat(s). As in Berlin the fashion style is always open, don't worry to look too extravagant if you are wearing a hat. At the local Galeries Lafayette, ground level, I discovered recently a very interesting store, with as many hats as I want, especially suited for the summer.
The predominant brands present in the shop are Sebergerger and bedacht. The styles covered are diverse, from sophisticated family gatherings to simple head coverings against the sun. Also, many can suit without problems the autumn and early spring season as well. The materials are good quality and most probably if careful enough, can last more than one season. 
Many models are available in more than one colour, and sometimes a colour change completely the style and other outfit requirements. In this case, for instance, I love all the three colours, and I already had in mind three different outfits and occasions I can wear it.
Those models are perfect for the beach or maybe for a full day hiking in the mountains. A classical model, of good quality that might suit especially people over 1.65. If you wear such a model, be sure that you are wearing some flowerly dresses, or at least some pastel colours
It's no age limit for wearing hats. Child, teenage, young adult, married or waiting for your other half, hats are for everyone. This colourful corner was maybe supposed for youngsters, but I bet you can proudly wear it if you are not going to high-school any more. 
The average prices are moderate to high, but the sales season is open and there are plenty of affordable items. The one from the picture are my least favourite but the items are high quality and may look very friendly on your head. 
My favourite models of hats should be stylish, simple, but with that something that makes a difference. If the hat is beautiful, I prefer to focus all the attention of the outfit on it, accepting a dress or other item that is mono-colour for instance.
 Sometimes, a little piece of material placed on the right corner can change the perspective completely.
This selection is one of my favourite, because of the colours, simplicity of the line and the special effect on my head (I spent some good time trying a lot of them; for journalistic purposes, of course).
If looking for some elegant outfits for autumn, this hat can say a lot about you, in a modest distinguished way. I am sure I will be back soon, for more serious shopping. Hat hunting can raise a lot of serious questions, after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment