Thursday, March 1, 2018

Spicy Cookies for a Healthy Start into the Day

I've started to experiment lately with turmeric, either as the classical 'golden milk' or in savory recipes, as a coating for the fish. One of those mornings, I had another genius ideas - thank you baby D. for waking me up at 6.30: why not create my own turmeric cookies. However, I had to find also a balance for the strong taste of this spice, therefore, I matched it with cinnamon and some freshly grated ginger too. The results were very easy going, delicious and a good companion for the lunch box or any other short trip snacks. It can be done easy and baked within one hour. What can you expect more from a cookie?

Ingredients

700 gr. white flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
200 gr. white sugar - brown sugar is also a good option
1 tablespoon turmeric
1 tablespoon cinnamon
125 ml. sunflower oil
4 medium-sized eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger


Directions

Heat the oven at 250C, at least 10 minutes before starting the baking. Add a parchment paper on a big tray. 
Add the dry ingredients one by one and mix well. Especially when you are dealing with spices, it is very important to do some extra mixing as it is important to have them spread properly. Add the eggs, the oil and the ginger. As usually when I want a smooth dough, I add some warm water and mix again for another couple of minutes. 
Split the dough into medium-sized portions and let it bake for around 15 minutes each batch.

Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
Make it into around 20 big spicy cookies


Bon Appétit!


12 comments:

  1. These look SO TASTY! I love incorporating turmeric into my recipes! So many benefits and such a delicious flavor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was surprisingly tasty. Surprising because I don't fancy the genuine turmeric taste, but figured out that in various combinations is just delicious.

      Delete
  2. oooohhh Turmeric cookies such a great idea!!! I love using Turmeric, and I have a huge bag of it so perhaps I should give this one a go! :) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for ways to add Turmeric into my diet. This is brilliant. I can't wait to try these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you will enjoy the recipe at least as much as I did!

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of healthy cookies! I will have to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good!! I love adding turmeric to everything, but I have never tried it in cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried by now to add to fish and rice. Cookies were an experiment but I'm glad it was a tasty one!

      Delete
  6. Love working with tumeric. See it's not always bad when the kiddies wake us up right?! Inspiration time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, very often I am so grateful for those early morning! :)

      Delete