Tuesday, November 27, 2018

THE Book about Waffles is Finally Here

 As I will - hopefully - write in a later book one day, I am pretty late in the field of food, with my first cooking and baking experiences done in my 30s. In the last few years I tried to improve my skills and learn as much as I can, either on my own or by taking various cooking classes.  
My academic background helped me to research extensively about spices, methods and directions and therefore I've reached a certain acceptable level that allowed me to prepare a full wedding catering menu a couple of years ago and even being paid for it (by some happy customers).
As my son grew up, finding those kids' friendly menus and after trying a lot of variants, we went stuck with the waffles. They are easy to make - as long as you have a machine, and the easiest one is doing its job properly - its ingredients can be combined in different ways and the results are always tasty. 
After over a year of trying, I ended up by collecting all the recipes and create a freshly baked book of recipes: Waffles All Day, Every Day
Waffles with a heavy jam topping is a great favorite of mine. And of my son too!

The book, the result of the work of my love - for waffles, but also for food and writing - will help the waffle lover in you to find the right recipe and ingredients for any occasions, from a friendly brunch to a relaxing breakfast on your own. The recipes are simple, without too many ingredients and with a preparation time of under 30 minutes. All you need to know about waffles - such as what machine to use, what toppings to add, how to prepare them - is in the book.

Ready to try some savory waffles recipes too?

I always love to take challenges, so in this book I tried besides the classical sweet variants, also a couple of savory recipes. And the results were...at least as delicious. So, as usual, when one challenge was accepted, the next one followed, with trying again something new: for instance, matching waffles recipes with various Jewish holidays. It worked again...
Once my recipes went through one or two testing stages, it was about time to collect them all and bring them together in a nice book of recipes that is ready to land on a Kindle next to your kitchen counter.
It took me a bit of time and effort and energy, but I am happy that my first foodie book ever is ready! Can't wait to see what my readers are thinking and tasting about!

No comments:

Post a Comment