Saturday, December 22, 2018

Spicy Potato Waffles with Chicken

If you are following this blog, you might know that I am not only a big fan of waffles, but was brave enough to gather all my knowledge from the last one year and a half and share it in a book. However, as usually, once my book was ready, I felt like there are way too many recipes missing from the book and took the challenge to move forward with even more ideas - probably to be included in the book at a later date.
During the Hanukkah holidays, I tried besides the classical latkes, to experience something completely different - a good slice of potato waffles. Although the final result depends at a great extent of the machine you are using - in my case it was a kind of disappointment, as my relatively affordable one did not stand up the expectations - the taste is always top and it offers a very interesting experience in combination with meath.
Easy to make, unforgettable flavor and a very fulfilling meal. That's how I love my waffles!

Ingredients
6 big potatoes peeled
3 medium-size eggs beaten
1 cup matza flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 Ras El Hanout spices from Spice Kitchen UK, as their Brand Ambassador
1 generous cup of oil for frying

Directions
Mix the potatoes with the eggs, matza flour and spices, until you have a compact mix. Warm the waffle machine, while smearing generously oil on both sides. A pan spray that will avoid sticking is also recommended. Pour the quantity for one waffle in the machine and wait until the green button indicates it is ready.
Add the slices of chicken on the top and your lunch is ready!

Preparation time: 10 minutes

Cooking time: 30-45 minutes, depending on the machine

Serves: 6

Bon Appétit!



No comments:

Post a Comment