Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer treats from Yves Rocher

One of the best part of the (real) summer vacations is that I spend a lot of time on the road, and shopping is constantly part of my travel assignments. I am always very happy to discover various local products, test them and eventually post some reviews. 
However, in case that I am visiting a normal big town, most probably I would be happy with any quality cosmetic product, especially if it is offered at a more than reasonable price. 
I am a long-time fan of Yves Rocher, especially of their special collection Jardins du Monde/Gardens of the World. More than anything else, that collection represents me as a person always on the road, always curious to try new products and to open new horizons. From my last trip to Rostock, I bought three cute and colourful bottles of shower gel.
Each of them has a strong personality and, in my opinion, may fit different personalities and different times of the year. In all three cases, the smell is natural, without added perfumes. As an allergic person, I am very careful of what I use in terms of cosmetics, but after constant use for a couple of weeks already, I did not encounter any counter-reaction.
Somehow, I was extremely surprised by my choices. In general, I did not like ylang yland, but out of the three, the yellow gel seems to be my favourite. Maybe because it suits very well the hot days of the summer. After using it, I always have a feeling a freshness that can last for at least one hour. The next favourite is the Lotus Flower - maybe a bit too sweet for my taste. I would prefer to use it during the early spring or even end of the summer. Maybe for a mild autumn too. The last one on the list - Californian almond - is what I would have call number 1. In fact, this is the first piece that I wanted to have but tempted by the offer of buying more for a good price, I added more pieces to the collection. It is dense, smooth, with a good smell, but a dense cream is exactly what I am not interested to put on my skin on a very hot summer time. 
I will recommend them to anyone, with the specific seasonal features. I can't wait to get more from the collection though (for the sake of the writing, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment