Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Simple honey cake for Rosh Hashana

I like my honey cake as simple as possible, so from a year to another, the recipe is changing insignificantly. I like to keep the same taste, maybe with more cinnamon or some other spices added. This time, I kept the all ingredients, maybe with less honey and sugar compared to the previous years.
My main ingredients were:
- 3 big eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 3 cup flour 
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Nesscafe dissolved in water
- 200 gr. veggie margarine melted
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder

I first added the baking powder to the flour, then added the eggs, the honey, the sugar, the cinnamon and the margarine and the coffee. Mixed well till everything is melted. 
The preparation takes around 15 minutes.
The baking lasts around 40 minutes, at 200C.



No comments:

Post a Comment