Saturday, December 3, 2016

Fast tofu-based breakfast

If you follow this blog for a while, you might know how much I praise and appreciate breakfast. Once upon a time, when I had to be at work around 8 o'clock, I used to wake up very early in the morning to catch at least one full day of breakfast. 
Nowadays, I do have my natural clock who wakes me up in due time to prepare a tasty breakfast, either I am on the road or at home. My usual breakfast menu includes fruits and veggies - avocado and tomatoes are a must -, a big mug of coffee, an egg and cheese - as much cheese as possible. When I am really in a hungry mood, I can accept some salmon and some fried mushrooms too.
Today, I really wanted to try something different, and thanks to my early morning son, I got the chance to actually do it. I used various items available in my kitchen:
- peanut oil
- Taifun tofu cheese
- a ripe bio avocado
- a Arche Teriyaki sauce which has an excellent taste and I plan to use in various combinations. One observation though: why, oh why, the bottle is sealed straighter than the Alcazar prison and in order to open it, I had to almost cut a finger while trying different desperate methods...To be continued...

The preparation of this delicious dish, lasts around 15 minutes. 
First, you need to pour the oil in the pan and wait for around 5 minutes until it got hot.
Slice the tofu and put in the pan and turn on sides every couple of minutes. I didn't wanted too fried, so after around 10 minutes, everything was ready.
I added the sliced avocado and spread the sauce and that's it!
The Taifun tofu I tried doesn't have any specific taste, but it receives from the peanut oil and the sauce.
That's it! 
Have your coffee ready and your orange juice, and have a great start into the day! 
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment