Monday, May 26, 2014

Brown rice noodles with sour-sweet sauce

When the sun is so hot, I have a lot of writing inspiration and less fun for cooking. There are always some interesting recipes calling my name, and I promise to try at least once little Shavuot cake before the holiday. Till then, I very fast recipe using some unusual noodles I discovered at my Asian shop. The package of brown noodles is made up of small little pockets, that need to be kept in boiled water for maximum 5 minutes.
I tried to taste them without sauces or other veggie combinations, but the result was completely disappointing. In other words, there was no taste at all. And nothing annoys me more than a tasteless food. Thus, adding a lot of sweet-sour sauce was more than helpful. 
The preparation time is maximum 15 minutes. The meal is rich, simple and matches a glass of hot tea. 
Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment