Thursday, May 8, 2014

Recipe of the week: Yogurt biscuits

I don't like at all recipes without clear indications about quantities, but if I think twice honestly I will realize that it is how I usually cook: I use the basic recommendations as possibilities and add my own creative content. Such a strategy doesn't necessarily work well every time but it's another story. For a couple of days, I let open in my browser a recipe from Food52 of yogurt biscuits, that looks easy to make, but kept me confused about the values of the ingredients. Today, I was in a more creative mood and went further with the preparations.

For 35 pieces, I decided the following quantities of ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 small scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 gr. fresh yogurt
- 4 tablespoon butter milk
- 200 gr. parmesan or hard cheese
Mixed all the ingredients together till I was happy with the texture of the dough. Let it to rest for a couple of minutes, till I set the oven to 250C. If you have enough time and less hunger, you can eventually let the mixture to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes or so. As for me, I rather wanted to prepare them as soon as possible. I separate the dough into little or bigger pieces and arrange them chaotically on the brownish baking paper. 
After 20 minutes, the smell of fresh baked goodies push me away from my reading and encouraged to stop doing anything else but tasting the golden biscuits (in fact, little scones, in my humble opinion). And tasting, and tasting. In this pace, I should prepare a new batch soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment