Monday, May 26, 2014

My variant of chickpea avocado salad with lemon and dill, by Tori Avey

When I am out of time and inspiration, the recipes of Tori Avey are my the main source of comfort. I love their simplicity, but also some background/historical stories that she usually includes, creating the perfect experience of the recipe. As I do love avocado a lot, and also chickpeas, ingredients that are rarely missing from my kitchen, I did not think twice and proceeded to the immediate preparation of this recipe that popped up into my social media flux a couple of weeks ago.
Except the boiling and preparation time for the chickpeas - that may last longer, even 1 day, depending of what kind of chickpeas do you use - everything is relatively simple and can be done within minutes. Instead of the dill in the original recipe, I used same water crest, a very fresh seasonal choice. It serves 2. 

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
200 gr. of water crest
1 ripe avocado
150 gr. of chickpeas
1 tablespoon za'atar
1/2 teaspoon salt
If you like it spicy, why not use a teaspoon of Cayenne pepper?

In the mixer bowl, I added the olive oil, lemon juice, avocado sliced into small parts, the za'atar and the chickpea, plus salt. I first mixed them with a wooden spoon, and thereafter melted up at moderate speed for maximum 3 minutes. 
I spread the result on slices of potato black bread.
With a lemonade or a cold tea, it is a perfect morning or evening treat, especially during the summer. 

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment