Monday, April 15, 2013

Perfumes of the week

How can you write about perfumes when the weather outside is terrible? It does not mean that during the long winter that apparently reached a sudden and much appreciated end a couple of days ago I did not use perfumes or nice incenses to make my life in the darkness more bearable. 

Today, more than ever, I felt that I should try as many new fragrances as possible, and I spent some colourful and aromatic time at a Douglas shop on my beloved Ku'damm. 

source: www.hellocoton.fr
source: www.hellocoton.fr
I wanted something completely different of what I usually love. I decided to give more attention to Escada's bottle of Cherry, despite the fact that generally speaking I am not in favour of perfumes smelling edible food. In other words, I do like cinnamon and cherries, for instance, but I don't insist that I do smell as some fresh food from the fridge. Cherry is the fragrance of this summer, adding a new creation to their summer fragrances, a collection that was started in 1993. It smells sour sweet, discrete but unforgettable. The sparks of freshness make you dance and jump of happiness that it is spring again and you are happy and, eventually in love. Last but not least both the design of the bottle and the outlook of the box are appealing, especially to someone in love with cherries and good summer time (me). The conclusion: a must-have for the next months, regardless of where you will go or you will wear.

Source: blog.debenhams.com
My other perfume, Flash by Jimmy Choo is also released this year, but at the completely other end of the first fragrance. This second work of art of this famous fashion brand is based on white flowers, with pink pepper, strawberries and tangerine. It sends the message of a mysterious and serious promise whose accomplishment is not 100% guaranteed. It is for self-confident women, in their late 30s maybe, independent and enjoying their autonomy and free will. To be wear with a sophisticated outfit and Jimmy Choo shoes, at a high-class party, in a luxury nightclub or at a third date with a charming gentleman. As for me, it is not exactly my style, at least not for the moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment