Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Red beets ideas

I rarely have red beets in my menu, because I am not fully used with the taste and the possible combinations. Once in a while, it's good to try something new, and a couple of weeks ago I tried to do two recipes in a row, which is a special event. Blame a good friend who treated me recently with a really good red beets salad.

The first 'creation' took me around 15 minutes to prepare and 1 hour to cook. In the case of both recipes, boiling the red beets took the biggest amount of time, around 1 hour, at the highest temperature.
For the salad, I used the following ingredients, after peeling and cutting the cooked 2 small red beets into pieces of various sizes:
- 2 tablespoon of pistachio oil
- 2 tablespoon of za'atar
- 1 tablespoon figs vinegar
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
It can be served with meat, or veggies. Is very fresh and tastes very good. It serves two.

The 'red' hummus is a recipe that I spotted regularly on various veggie blogs. I tried my own version, that haven't been extremely impressive, but mostly because for me - and probably not for me - hummus has a special flavour, texture and colour too.
The preparation takes around 15 minutes.
The ingredients used:
150 gr. chickpeas, cooked for around 45 minutes
2 small redbeets, cooked
2 tablespoon tahini
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of salt

Chickpeas, and after red beets went to the mixer. After, I added all the other ingredients and mixed together.

It serves 3.

It goes very well with fish, meat, pita and eggs, for the early morning breakfast or a long dinner.

Bon Appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment