Am I the last one to try cauliflower 'rice'? Recommended as a healthy and calories-free alternative to rice, this invention is making waves in the foodie world for a couple of years already but only last week landed to my kitchen.
The following two recipes were created from scratch, using a medium sized cauliflower, shredded in the food processor. In each case, it serves 3 hungry people.
- half of the 'rice' of a medium cauliflower
- one medium-sized onion, finelly cut
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 100 gr. fresh shiitake mushrooms, finelly cut
- 150 gr. fresh cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoon corn oil
- 200 gr. fresh canned corn
- 100 gr. Allgäuer Emmental, finelly shredded
- 1 fresh tomato sliced for decoration
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
Add the oil, the onions and the brown sugar in a pan, at 250C. Mix and fry until brown. Add the za'atar, 'rice', the 2 sorts of cheese, mushrooms, corn and mix well for around 10 minutes. Serve it with the fresh tomatoes.
- 1/2 'rice' of a medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 tablespoons za'atar
- 3 tablespoon cottage cheese
- 2 big garlic cloves, finelly chopped
- 50 gr. Allgäuer Emmentaler shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 ml. Wok Sauca - Coconut Lemongrass - which is very spicey
Warm the oil in a pan at 250C. Add the ingredients one by one and mix them well. You can accompany it by a a fresh cucumber and tomato salad.