Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Cherry-Banana-Nectarine Fresh Summer Smoothie

Long time no smoothie...Not only since I've written a recipe on my blog, but since I've actually prepared one at home for myself. There were many reasons for that, but most of the time I was too busy for being able to focus a couple of minutes only for writing down and blogging a recipe - not only a smoothie one, but a recipe in general.
Let's hope those times are long gone and I'm far away from the cooking blogging's block. Today I was not only full time back in the kitchen, but I also had a brilliant smoothie idea. 
For a long time, I wanted to use cherries - my favorite fruits on earth - as ingredients of a smoothie, but wasn't not sure how to match them. Cherries are for me the perfect fruit in terms of natural sweetness therefore, enjoying their taste without any other add-on was always what I did. However, creative cooking means that my mind should keep finding interesting solutions and ideas. I had a look over my fridge and found: a ripe banana and two fresh nectarines. What about ?
The rest is (tasty) history...

Ingredients
150 gr. fresh black cherries
1 big banana
2 nectarines, medium size sliced
250 cold water
If you want, you can also add half a spoon of white/brown sugar or honey, but the fruits used are all too sweet naturally to need additional sweetness.

Directions
Mix all the ingredients in the blender at moderate speed for maximum 3 minutes.
Drink it cold, preferably outdoors while reading a relaxing - why not, foodie - book.
Your fresh smoothie is ready!

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment