Thursday, January 3, 2013

A fruity raw sweet treat

I have a very good friend who switched her menu to raw for years and she has always amazing ideas for fruit salads and salads in general. Last week, she posted a delicious recipe: papaya, dates and banana. The colorful image associated with the tasty imagination of the combination of the three fruits haunted me for a very long time. After many unsuccessful attempts to find papaya, I ended up buying a dragon fruit that I added to the mixture of dates and bananas. I was tempted to add some honey or some brown sugar, but decided to leave it like that and do not change anything. 

I am still haunted by the deep taste of papaya, and hope to find it for the next week detox meal. Maybe I should try a different brand of dates as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment