Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Omelette confiture?

It was not my question, when reading this lovely recipe by Luisa Weiss. But, I have the tragic fate of a queen reigning in a democracy and thus, each time I want to try some very interesting recipe, I should get used with a lot of resistance against change. In other words, why I can't behave properly and try once again the old good recipe of pasta and spend my time finishing my reading projects? It may not be a good topic to blog about, but at least the bellies are full with the simple food. 

So, shortly after I enthusiastically suggested this recipe and the eyes were rolling around me, I decided that I better offer myself a special breakfast. I started with some French toast and camembert and kept the omelette confiture as a started before the coffee. 

I felt the need to change a bit the number of eggs used for preparing the recipe, the result being the following list of ingredients:


2 big eggs, instead of one in the original recipe
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon vegetable margarine 
a very small pinch of salt
1 big tablespoon of blackcurrant jam

Separate the eggs. Beat the white with the salt till it holds soft peaks, and the yolks with the milk till it gets smooth. Meanwhile, the margarine is melting in the pan. I found the idea of using magarine or butter smarter than the oil, as it does not interfere with the sweet taste of the jam. Mix the yolk and white compositions and pour it in the pan. Your omelette will be ready in 3-4 minutes. Add the jam and, eventually, a leaf or 2 of mint (something that I did not have at home when I was preparing the recipe). 

The taste was not bad, but not outrageously delicious either. A combination that you need time to get used with, but not repulsive either. 

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment