Monday, January 7, 2013

Cooking library: Vegetarian Living

Late in December, I grabbed the February issue of Vegetarian Living, impressed at the first sight by the extraordinary quality of the cover. My sight was also get caught by the interview with Yotam Ottolenghi, but before reaching the page with the interview, there were many other dozen of interesing things to take a look at. 

What I love about this review are not only the recipes - I expected such a summary in a publication about cooking - but the features about vegetarian life-style, and healthy products and other healthy tips. But this is why it is called Vegetarian Living, and not plainly Vegetarian Cooking, isn't it?

Besides the presentation of products and the interview, there are many competitions with a lot of products and foods to be won. I have a couple of recipes that I would love to try in the next weeks, including from the Nordic reservoir of cooking wisdom, Scandilicious Baking. In some cases, a modest look at the pictures discourage any attempts from an ignorant chef as me - I think about strawberry and chocolate ganache roulade, for instance, an impossible mission that I would love so much to offer to my guests. 

Many of the products presented can be found exclusively in the UK - unfortunatelly - but at least you can have a look at the ingredients and look for similar products in your home country. If you want to buy the next issue of Vegetarian Living and you are 100% sure that you cannot find it in your town, use the wonders of the 21st century and download the apps for Apple and Android.

Happy vegetarian living!

No comments:

Post a Comment