Saturday, February 6, 2016

Recipe of the week: Quinoa goat cheese salad


I recognize that quinoa is by far one of the least favourite foods. First and foremost, I do not understand why eat foods without taste. Second, I hate the smell of it, of wet earth. Not exactly an inviting fragrance to have your good morning boost.
The last week though, I decided to do more healthy food experiments - details coming up soon and I ended up buying a bag of quinoa. It took me a couple of minutes to figure out what I want to mix with it for feeling that I eat more than a tasteless something. 
When I am out of ideas, as usual, cheese creativity helps. Goat cheese in this specific case. I also added for flavour avocado, olive oil, salt and some butter, and cherry tomatoes too. Lessl than 30 minutes later I was happy with the results, and the salad was rich in vitamins and proteins to keep me energized for a long time after.
It serves 2. Preparation time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:

100 gr. quinoa
200 gr. goat cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon olive oil
50 gr. butter
1/2 ripe avocado

Clean the quinoa till the water comes up clean.
Put to boil 150 gr. water and add the salt and butter. When it boils, add the quinoa and leave it for 10 minutes.
Slice the goat cheese and the avocado. 
Wash the cherries and cut it into 4 small pieces each tomato.
Add the soaked quinoa and mix it well.
Add the olive oil.
Wait for 2-3 minutes and start eating. 
You do not need anything else for the breakfast, besides, of course, the coffee and some fresh orange juice.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment