Monday, March 18, 2013

Colours of my kitchen

As in the case of your home, the kitchen needs to be more than the place where you go to eat something because you are hungry. A pleasant ambiance created with the help of the wall painting and the design of the furniture will most likely invite you to spend more time there because you simply feel good around. 

My kitchen is quite simple, as I prefer to have a big table in the middle where to put all the ingredients and tools used for the preparation of the recipes. Especially when I am baking, I need more space than usual and I want to use the entire area of the table. The space of the kitchen is not as big as I wish to, but it is one of the best arrangement I enjoyed in years. 

Besides the table, the oven and the sinks, and the fridges, I have another wood closet where I put some of the cooking spoons and the reserves of flour, different bottles of oils and the usual pasta savings. The colour of the kitchen is not at all my favorite choice in terms of interior design - a combination of grey and dark blue - but I can live with this. 

But if asked, I would have said that I want my kitchen to have as much green as possible, in trends with my healthy diet, based especially on vegetables and fruits. I would have preferred a lot of wood furniture, with enough space for flowers. Maybe the idea to have different wall prints for different seasons, especially for spring and winter, is not an outrageous idea: for instance, I would prefer a lot of colourful wallpapers in the spring, with red and blue and orange and some purple. 

As for the tablecloth, I do have a lot of interesting models: during the week, I change between nuances of blue and green, but also some elephants print - a memory of a trip to Thailand. As I am waiting for the spring, I introduced the table clothes with flowers - right now, I have a light green one with yellow and red tulips. 

Honestly, I realize the lack of coherence when it comes to the style of my kitchen and I wish that I have more time and resources to redesign completely the concept of my house. But for the moment I am only looking for inspiration and I promise to share the best ideas here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment