Friday, May 24, 2013

Fast gefillte mushrooms

Even though I do not have too much pressure lately to finish cooking while working hard, the writing and reading takes a lot of time and energy and once in a while I found myself looking for fast and delicious yet new recipes. For the Shavuos, I am very good at the cheesecake part of the menu, but I am not too inspired when it comes to the side and salty dishes in general. Thus, I asked around and I was recommended, without the recipe, the gefillte mushrooms (probably the reference was given in relation with my long love for gefillte fish, that I still need to learn how to prepare - one day). 
I don't know how I did not think about it before, but the preparation of the filling included: some simple cheese cream and a bit of salt. I added for each mushroom a drop of pumpkin oil and some walnuts. A leaf of coriander is welcomed, as I discovered one week later when I was asked to repeat the recipe for Shabbos. 
It takes around 10 minutes to prepare the mushrooms and another 20 minutes to bake them. In a matter of seconds, they will disappear from the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment