Thursday, January 9, 2014

Boiled chickpeas with spices

I was looking for an easy side dish and I realized that for a long I wanted to play with some chickpeas. As hummus is a well tried and relatively successful recipe, I wanted something a little bit different but still easy. What about some boiled chickpeas with spices, an idea I had in mind for a long time.

The first stage is the boiling of the chickpeas. 
For 3 persons, I boiled 200 gr. As usual, I added a 1/4 teaspoon of salt in the water. In addition, for taste, 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil. Let it boil for around 15 minutes. 
I left the chickpeas in the water for around 1 hour.

In a frying pan, I added:
1 teaspoon of Gran Masala
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon of olive oil

I mixed all for around 7 minutes at 150C. 
Add the soaked chickpeas and mix together for another 10 minutes.

The smell in the kitchen was as beautiful as an Oriental dream.

It can match a variety of meals, from salads, meat or fish.


Bon Appétit!

I was offered spices to test from Spice Kitchen UK, but the opinions are, as usual, my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment