Thursday, January 9, 2014

Devil eggs for breakfast

I haven't eaten devil eggs for years, and never prepared them myself. This Monday, I had a look over various glossy reviews, not all of them with recipes, looking for some inspiration for various blog posts and stumbled upon a very easy recipe in Woman's Day
The next morning, after boiling 3 eggs the evening before, I was up early, with some ideas to prepare my own 'devils'.
It serves 3 hungry breakfasters. 
Preparation time: around 40 minutes. If you boiled the eggs before, around 15 minutes.
I cut the hard boiled eggs in half. Took away the yolks and mashed in a bowl. 
Added:
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoon cottage cheese
1 teaspoon za'atar 
1 teaspoon soy roasted beans
Mash together for another 3 minutes

Spoon the new mixture into the half of the egg. Add 1 leaf of parsley or coriander for more taste.

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment