Thursday, May 26, 2016

5 sandals for your summer city errands

Since moving to Berlin seven years ago, with its long dark short winter days and cold summers, I forgot the great feeling of wearing sandals. I usually keep one pair in my closet just in case I have plans to visit warmer places. But things are starting to change. The last summer, the weather was unusually hot and this year it started with 20 plus Celsius from mid-May on so maybe it is about time to update my collection of sandals. As for now, I did find five simple models to wear during my often city errands. Each model costs around 50 Eur.
The colour is not that great, but it goes with everything, from sport skirts to shorts, and can match any kind of bag. Very comfy and light, to wear from the morning until afternoon.
This pair with its braided front is a bit more sophisticated, but equally easy going. I will match it with some colourful skirts and bag.
Espadrilles are in fashion again - watch this space for a post dedicated only to them - but this pair has some retro, hippy air which make it interesting and a bit sophisticated too. I love the print and it suits a long or middle denim skirt or dress or some vivid blue outfit. 
This model is not my favourite, because it has only a bit of elegant design, but for a busy mother that has to go without car from doctor to shopping and out for a baby trip, it seems like that kind of shoes that end up being part of the foot. A colourful outfit can compensate the boredom of the lines and colour. 
And now, let me introduce my favourite sandal of this selection: with a big of high heel, interesting design, elegant shape and comfort. You can wear it from mid-day to evening, with a simple or sequin dress or jeans too. It makes you feel free and independent and fashionable, even only you know how much work you've done since 5am. 

What about you, what are your favourite sandals for this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment