Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Pesto hamburger for lunch


I am a very big meat eater, but as finding the right kosher products is not always easy in Berlin, I resigned to a couple of meals the month and the promise of intensive meat treatments in kosher paradises such as US, UK or Israel. The choice of products is not great either and I am very much against buying ready-made hamburgers or schnitzels at a high price and with a doubtful - plastic like - taste. 
Yesterday, after many days without meat, I challenged myself to get to search some meat for a hamburger. I never did one before but felt confident enough to not search for any recipe. I just used my imagination and here is what we had on the plate.
Ingredients:
500 gr. beef meat
3 big scalions, finely chopped - Alternatively, garlic can be used too; the more the better.
200 gr. pesto
200 gr. crumbs
2 tablespoon oil for the tray


Directions:
Mix each and every one of the ingredients, one by one. I mixed all by hands to be sure that everything got mixed well. 
Take one hand of meat and roll it by the hand. You can use the same mixture for boulettes too, but you need more oil to fry.
Put them in a tray covered with baking paper where the oil was spread.
Cook it at 200C. Try to turn it from a part to another every 10-15 minutes to be sure that it is well cooked.
Serves: 7 hamburgers
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes, at 200C
It tastes very good, a full fresh taste made by the pesto and scalions. As I did not use too much oil it does not taste or look greasy. I prepared as side dishes a fresh leaves salat - spinach and rocket and tomatoes and cucumber, without oil - and baked potatoes in olive oil. Very healthy and good enough to use the recipe again and again in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment