Friday, January 13, 2017

Broccoli cream soup for the winter days

I am not a big fan of soups, but I am trying to be a better cook and healthier mom so, I decided to make a change this season. Especially with another 2 months - at least - of cold ahead, I am curious to change the usual lunch routine and prepare at least one healthy soup the week. As a start, I tried to make from scratch a broccoli cream soup.
I used a medium broccoli, which I carefully cleaned several times, under hot water. I added:
3 gloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1 pinch of zaatar
4 tablespoon butter
150 ml. cold skim milk
I put the broccoli in the blender, together with the milk and blended for around 2 minutes at high speed. I added in a pan the rest of the ingredients and warm it while carefully mixing at 250C. It is very important to mix often and slowly, in order to mix all the ingredients. Bring it to boil and serve it warm.
The preparation time is around 15 minutes. Most of the time I spent cleaning obsessively the broccoli. It serves 3. The cream soup has a good silky texture, but I realized that maybe it was too milky so maybe the next time I will skip the butter part. 
Bon Appetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment