Tuesday, January 10, 2017

You can have your tea, and your cake too

I am slowly learning how to understand and appreciate various teas, and hopefully, in the next posts I will advance my knowledge, step-by-step. At the end of 2016, I extensively tried two specific sorts by Messmer tea, a traditional German brand that I had the chance to review in 2016. This time, I tried two of their four flavors launched for the holiday season: Strawberry Cheesecake and the staple of German-speaking lands cuisine: Apfelstrudel. Other flavors from the collection are Cherry Brownies and Raspberry Cake. Sounds tempting, isn't it?
At first, I was a bit skeptical. Why should I drink a tea with cake taste, when, instead, I can prepare a cake and, eventually, prepare a lemonade to match with. But sometimes, even I can be out of time, so fixing my sweet tooth in less than 10 minutes is a very easy solution. Plus, you don't have to mind at all the calories - although in both cases, there is sweetness involved, as stevia. For the preparation of each tea, you should wait around 5-8 minutes until the tea is ready.
The Strawberry Cheesecake has strawberry flavor and includes a combination of hibiscus, apple, orange skin. An eclectic combination which goes well, except that I did not fully enjoy the strong hibiscus taste, which has its role to balance too much sweetness from the fruits and the stevia. Instead, the Apfelstrudel went flawless for my palate, because it goes on a relatively common taste denominator: apple, orange skin. It almost convinced me that I have in the front of me a big slice of strudel, which was quite a challenging dream as I am trying hard to prepare my own and only exquisite pastry, but without too much success yet.
In both cases, it is a special tea experience, recommended to busy people that want to spice up their busy afternoons with a taste of authentic cuisine. It makes you love tea and cakes and appreciate all the special moments in life. A strongly recommended choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment