Friday, December 1, 2017

Cardamom Ginger Muffins for a Romantic Winter Afternoon

I love my coffee with cardamom and I rarely can breath more than one hour in the house without being sure I have in my pantry za'atar, cinnamon, pepper, vanilla and the list is longer the more I think about my favorite spices. But I rarely dare to mix my spices for creating unique recipes as I am still very unsure about the right taste match. 
However, I am becoming bolder and bolder, therefore new ideas and recipes are created spontaneously.
When it comes to preparing fast a delicious dessert, muffins is the first choice. So, why not doing some spices mix-up for the change. The following recipe suits best the long winter afternoons, with its spicey texture and natural sweetness, accompanied by a chai latte or an aromated tea. It is very easy to make, affordable in terms of ingredients and delicious too.

Ingredients
200 gr. white flour
8 g. baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
150 gr. brown sugar
1 tablespoon cardamom
2 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
100 ml. cooking oil
150 ml. cold orange natural juice/you can make it yourself, therefore you need 3 medium sized oranges

Directions
Heat the oven at 250C, at least 15 minute before baking.
Add the ingredients, one by one and mix well until a compact paste is created. The issue with the spices is that you want them well spread and a balanced taste for your final result, therefore, you need to give a little bit of additional effort when mixing.
Pour the final result in the muffin papers and leave it in the oven - at 250C - for around 45 minutes. 

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 45 minutes
Serves: 12

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment