Monday, June 24, 2013

Boiled Words prepared a pineapple and tuna salad

I like to have at least one fish meal on Shabbes but at least for the next weeks, when the summer is officially in town, we try to limit as much as possible the unnecessary heating. Let's welcome the fine selection of salads into our menu then!

As I am still learning how to match tastes and different kind of foods, I find challenging to find the right combination for tuna fish. I tried with avocado, with lemon slices, with cherry tomatoes and even without any other companion than some drops of olive oil. In the last case I was told that maybe I am trying to feed my dear family cat's food. 

Long time ago, I tasted a delicious tuna and pineapple salad and had it in my mind for a long time. Fortunately, the last week I also had it in my fridge. The preparation is very fast, the mixing of the ingredients without pain and the taste good to pleasant. If you plan to save some money for the summer trips, you might be delighted to know that it is very cheap too.



What you need for a salad for 4 persons:

250 gr. tuna fish, preferably without oil
250 gr. pineapple with a low concentration of sugar
1 tbs. olive oil
1 pinch of Cayenne pepper

Mix the ingredients well and keep it in the fridge at least 1 hour before serving. It goes as an independent meal at the beginning of the eating. It goes with a fresh lemonade or with a nice white wine!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment