Saturday, January 30, 2016

Book review: How to make money on eBay, by Sarah Goldberg

I do have an ebay account, but the only time I wanted to sell something - some old but expensive German high-school handbooks - I failed so I just took it as a personal business failure. I also tried to buy once something for my bf, but somehow, the transaction did not go through. However, I know or heard about many people that are really successful, especially at selling various products, sometimes with a good income.
My curiosity to read this book was the result of my failure but also the interest to find out how to use ebay correctly, just in case that I want to successfully sell things or just to start my own business. Written in a simple yet systematic way, this book offers a lot of pratical tips about how to use eBay either you want to sell or to buy. As an online market place where you can buy and sell almost everything, eBay has a huge potential, with over 300 million users with a ratio of around 2 million new users every day, if used wisely it can give you the chance to make money from home with little effort. 
Being reliable as a seller and gathering as many positive reviews as possible is one way to achieve success. This success lasts also through a wise knowledge about your product and inclusion in the correct category and listing. You also have to write a proper description of your item(s) accompanied by relevant photo. Fast answering will increase the credibility of the seller but also the chances to sell fast.
If you plan to start a business on ebay, as in the case of any such project, it is recommended to start with a plan where to write down what you will sell, evaluate the market for the prices and the current trends. Well written, SEO-rich descriptions are the easiest way to reach efficiently your potential target. The book has also a rich section dedicated to various resources that may be helpful for a successful ebay experience.    

No comments:

Post a Comment