Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Okra ideas

I am a late fan of okra, a vegetable that I discovered a couple of years ago only. At the beginning, I was not sure how I should cook it, but following some discussions with experienced chefs, I succeeded to find the perfect combination and to calculate correctly the cooking time.

I usually use okra for salads - always with olive oil - but especially together with pasta. But for me it is never enough, I gave a chance to a combination not included in any cookbook: peanuts - finelly chopped, with okra. You can fry them together in a pan for a couple of minutes, or eat it raw. I rather prefer the first possibility. Once you've found the right type of okra, fresh, without black traces, and the peanuts - the salted one - in less than 10 minutes your treat is ready. To be eated in the morning, at lunch or supper, as side dish or individual meal. 

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment